Thursday, October 25, 2007

The best fiance ever...

Shawn just got me my Christmas presents! I had asked him for fiber and I wanted it a little early (I know, I'm bad). So, tonight we got on etsy and the search began. I ended up finding what I wanted... cotton roving! I've only ever worked with animal fibers, so am very excited to be working with plant fiber. I also found some linen roving, from the same seller. So, I have 8 ounces of cotton (natural white with colored specks throughout) and 4 ounces of linen (natural creamy-white color) ordered. Shawn is the best.

I can't wait to spin it up and knit with it! The cotton is going to be turned into washcloths. I'm on a Yahoo group, MonthlyDishcloths, and am dying to knit up some of the really cute patterns. I think first will be the rooster for my mom (chicken-themed kitchen). Still no idea what to do with the linen...

Pics to come once the roving gets here!

No comments: