Tuesday, November 6, 2007

As promised, pictures of the FOs

I couldn't get to sleep last night. So, I stayed up until 0630 (exactly) and made a washcloth to go in the basket for Stephanie's (Shawn's sister) Christmas gift. Purple and blue are her colors, so here it is in Peaches & Creme Winterberry. Good color for her and a fitting name for Christmas!

I got the pattern from the MonthlyDishcloths Yahoo Group. It's from 2006 (mid-month November).










Ok, and for the angora scarf:


I love how it turned out. The color changes from off-white to creamy to a darker color. You can see it well in the pic (the lighter/darker contrast). It's about 5 feet long. SO SO SO warm and the halo is perfect. I have about 1.5 ounces left for something else also.






And, my purse! The Twiggy Tweed Bag from Knitty.com. It's made from Paton's Classic Wool (merino). I am in love with this yarn. It's so even and has a good feel for projects like this. I bought 3 skeins of the Rich Red, 1 Natural mix, and 1 Paprika (not sure what I'll be using it for yet, but I'm stuck on that burnt orange color right now). I'll be making a felted wallet to match the purse.

I had to handsew everything, so it took a while for the liner and zipper to be finished up. I love it and can't wait to be able to go out tomorrow with it! I think I did a pretty good job with it being my first 'real' purse! Other ones have always been simple ones for my cousins.
I'll be using some of this yarn for felted house shoes for my parents for Christmas.
Yesterday I bought some Peaches & Creme Sea Mist for me. I'll be making a chapstick holder keychain from it. I usually wouldn't go for the lime green and blue in it, but it appealed to me. It just seems so clean and fresh.

No comments: