Friday, November 2, 2007

Row Counter

I went and made me a row counter and a pattern row counter. Can't credit anyone with the creation... I kind of made them up. I didn't think I would do it. I'm a counting genius (slightly OCD and I count EVERY step I take, every square on the sidewalk, and how many steps per sidewalk. I've got counting multiple things as once down). But, I'm not able to remember where I leave off when I start back up. SO, here they are:
The row counter on the left can do up to 109 rows. Each white bead is 1 row and each green bead is 10 rows. I made it kind of small on purpose. I don't like the idea of wearing it as a necklace or bracelet. I added to clip so I can hang it right from my knitting bag or even the tail of a piece I'm working on if it's sturdy enough not to stretch (like my bookbag). I know which side I'm moving the beads to by the clip... I keep it facing away from me. The pattern row counter on the left can do up to 5 rows before repeating. I clip it to the row counter. I can actually make it count more rows of pattern by clipping it twice. I used glass and stone beads (I used to make jewelry before knitting came along and took over my life), beading wire, and jump rings. All sterling silver. I like the nice stuff. You can see in the picture I just finished row 58 on my bookbag.

Oh so excited about this weekend. I like going to Shawn's house and his truck-driver dad will be there this weekend. I haven't seen him in a while. This is also knitting weekend for me. Shawn at drill all day and me with nothing to do other than sit at Barnes & Noble and knit.

No comments: