Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Updates, with pictures!

Remember those two balls of olive green Corriedale I spun up? Well, here is one ball knitted up:

Actually, I guess this is half of one ball spun up :-) I have both finished. And the second ball is becoming another pair for my aunt. She saw them at Thanksgiving (yes! I did finish them in time) and wants a pair for when she is vacationing in Colorado in February. I have another pair "on order" from a friend of DF's. Good thing I like making them!

My aunt also wants me to make her a pair of gloves and a scarf from the black mohair I got on a swap on Knittyboard. I got a good pound and three-quarters of dyed black mohair roving in a trade for 2 ounces of dyed angora batts. It was all I had and the person was very generous.

I also got, in a swap, 483 yards of yarn. Someone had recycled a thrift store sweater and sent me the yarn. It's cotton, we think, and a 5 ply. Pinks and oranges, but looks bright pink from a distance. Here it is:

And, here is a picture of the scarf I'm making for Daddy...
It is the, you guessed it, Country Blue Caron Simply Soft. I just have too much of it lying around. He really wanted something handspun and natural, but I don't have it. And, I think it needs to be machine-washable. Anyway, the ends will be the basket weave and the body is mesh stitch. The mesh stitch has 2 raised bars that will be on both ends also. You can't really see it that well in the pic, though.

This is a scarf I had made for my brother earlier this fall, before I had my blog. I spun it up. It is wool (40% Merino, 40% Colonial) and tussah silk in "The Gentleman" from Copperpot. It's basketweave in design.

Finally, a few pictures from Thanksgiving...

These two pictures were taken by Nick, my almost 4-year old cousin. He is pictured below, dressed up as Remy from Ratatouille. (yes, that's me in the picture, with my head almost cut off)

Isn't he the cutest little boy ever? And such a ham!

1 comment:

Leslie Shelor said...

Waht a little darling! Your projects all look wonderful!