Friday, December 7, 2007

Ravelry and new yarn

I forgot to mention that I got my invite on Ravelry. I've been on for a week or so now. It's a wonderful resource for finding patterns and seeing what others have done with them! I'm SpinKnitUp there also.

I chose a picture of Winchester the horse as my avatar for now.
I finished a ball of the mohair last night. I navajo plied it, making it a DK weight. Not sure what I'm going to be doing with all 1.75 lb I have of the stuff, but I guess I'll do something with it! It's adult mohair, so not the softest stuff in the world. The skein below is about 65.66666 yards. I finally got smart and realized that if I measure how long one wrap-around on my niddy noddy was I could figure out skein yardage. One wrap is 6 feet (surprising large number, I think). Counted how many wraps there were and voila! Skein yardage within a small give-or-take amount.

No comments: