Thursday, January 10, 2008

Current wip...

Look! My first socks! Or, sock. No real pattern I'm following, just kind of making it up as I go along, just getting the basics from a generic sock template. The yarn is sock yarn I spun up (remember the early Christmas gift?) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Such pretty colors and it's knitting up so well. This sock isn't perfect, but it's coming along well. The other twin will be better, but I'll love both equally :-)

I'm addicted to sock knitting. I never understood those that went on and on about socks, raving about them. Well, now I do! Here's the yarn for my next project:
Sockotta. The stuff's expensive (at least for me... remember, I'm a poor college student!), but I had to buy it. I got it when I went to Nease's Needlework in Decatur. Can't wait to use it! Not sure what pattern I'll be using, but have been searching Ravelry and have a few in mind.

I also have this:
It's Cherry Tree Hill Supersock DK (a washable DK weight merino). Handpainted in earth tones, just over 1000 yards here. It's my prize yarn from the contest I won on Hither and Yarn's blog!
Socks? Mittens? We'll have to see... Though I'm thinking socks, now that I'm obsessed. Need more sock yarn (or roving to spin into sock yarn!). Will have to see about checking out the seller I got the current wip roving from (75% wool, 25% nylon)...

Hither and Yarn also sent me some Euroflax and a nice pattern for a washcloth. I wasn't able to get to my school mail over December, so she sent me this extra to my home address! So sweet and very appreciated!

Oh, and my mom's now back into sock knitting. She could do the basics and would make beanies and house shoe-socks for my brother and dad. Over Christmas break she saw me knitting/spinning non-stop and had to go out and get her a set of DPNs and some yarn. She's been using the Vanna White yarn for it and has made 2 pairs so far. She has the yarn to make me a pair.

No comments: