Sunday, January 13, 2008

My socks!

Here they are! I finished the first one Saturday and did the second today, while Shawn was at drill. I knitted and read The Scarlet Letter from 0900 to about 1630 yesterday and today. Well, I knitted most of the time. I did take breaks and just read for maybe 30 minutes at a time every so often.

I love my socks! They fit great on my size 6.5, sometimes 7, feet and I think I did a pretty good job for my first time. And I LOVE how the colors came out! Kind of like muted neons or something... definitely some neon yellow, lime green, neon pink and blue, etc, and lots of purple, but they're toned down by the amount of white that was in the roving.
Looking at the pic, though, my left big toe looks kind of funny for some reason... I think I was holding it up or something!
In line to be cast on soon:
-Felted messenger bag. I need (want) a new bookbag for school and I want to make it! I'll be using the Patons Classic Merino in Natural Mix that Shawn's parents got for me in Christmas, as well as some of the other Patons colors I have (dark forest green color, paprika, etc) to accent it. I'll be making it up as I go, but have a general idea of what I want for it to look like. I think I'll add a dinosaur on it somewhere...
-Socks. Vadleany Socks, Little Pumpkins Socks, Horseshoe Cable Socks, etc. Socks Socks Socks!
-Sweater for Fifa (Arthur's male Yorkie). Arty wants an Argyle pattern on it. It will be a basic turtleneck pattern, probably in Red Heart acrylic (cheap and washable/dryable).
-Sweater for Gideon and also one for Cash. Not sure exactly what yet, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

saw your post on ravelry about these socks so had to check them out. Did you spin this yarn? I saw your comment about 75 superwash/25 nylon. Where do your get roving like that? just wondering. I'm a spinner and knitter also and having problems with 100% wool sock yarn holding up.
rita
r_hartman@yahoo.com