Sunday, February 24, 2008

Dyeing fun!

I dyed some cotton yarn today! I bought some Rit dye about a month ago and finally used it today. I have 2 cones of Peaches & Creme cotton, one in ecru and that is ecru with dark tan/brown. The dye was pearl gray, teal, and kelly green. It's all drying now, so I'll have pics probably tomorrow. I did 4 skeins, each that's a little over 100 yards. Two will be used for the washcloth swap.

Yesterday I knit more on the Everlasting Bagstopper (almost finished with the red Hempathy), the Mochi snake, and my Side Step Socks. I'm now on the leg for them. The pattern isn't as showy as I thought it would be, but is nice anyway. I also spun a little over half of the Bumblebee Fields roving I have (wool/mohair blend). It's beautiful! These will definitely be socks. One ply is the black and the other is the yellow and purple. I love it.

Now I'm off to spin more (want to finish the sock yarn and ply the rest of Log Cabin) and will probably either knit more on the socks or the bag (sorry, but the snake is boring) or will wind more yarn.

No comments: