Monday, April 7, 2008

You Know What?

I forgot to blog about my latest contest win! I won the knitting goals contest from Skeins Her Way! I'm getting a bag of Blue Sky Alpacas Dyed Cotton (a yummy dyed organic cotton) and patterns to go with it! Colors... the very generous Ali asked about colors and I told her to surprise me... I said I liked olive, turquoise, deep reds, and purples. I'm so excited! Some of those patterns are supercute, too, like the Fitted Tank, which I'll likely end up knitting (depends on exactly what color I get). She's also sending the pattern for Kid's Kimono and maybe the Flower Headband and Girl's Sundress as well. Even though I don't have kids, I have friends that do and I will someday, so I love to knit baby/children's items. I knit them up and figure that I'll oneday have a baby of that gender and it will at some point be that size, so it goes in the hope chest until then. Or until someone I know finds out they have a little one on the way (which seems to be happening a lot lately). Grab it, get a cute bag, and tada! A nice gift for the mommy-to-be.

No comments: