Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Knitting in the dark

We had awful storms last night (again) and the power went out at about 9:30 or so. Moma was mid-meal, I was just about to start baking some dog cookies and sit down to my book and knitting. We got out the lanterns, flashlights, and anything else that generates light. Moma kept eating, Daddy read, and I got to knit (no book and no cookies, though).

I got more finished on my Basketweave Socks, but quickly got bored with that. Out came some cotton to work on my Snoopy cloth. It's rather large, but I think it will be very nice. We'll see. I don't really have to see what I'm doing for the socks, but I had to follow the pattern for the cloth. It wasn't too bad knitting in the dark... we were hanging lanterns everywhere to get enough light.

Moma has been working on a jacket for herself and is just about finished with the body, ready to work on the sleeves. She's doing a simple top-down raglan (her first time working it in one piece... needless to say, she's hooked on it!), but it's in a discontinued yarn (Patons Diana). I found the same colorway, but different dye lot, on eBay. All she really needs to do is the sleeves, so they may be off a little, but at least both sleeves will match. I'll post pics once she's finished.

We went out today to get dog food and stopped by the Michael's next to Petsmart (we don't normally buy dog food there, but it's on sale). 10 bags of feed, so we're good for a month or so. Anyway, Michael's is having a sale on Sugar n Creme twist cotton... certain colors are only a dollar per ball! I picked up 6 balls (can't afford more right now). 2 each of green, peach, and purple. Very pretty. Haven't yet worked with the Twist, but I'm sure I'll like it. Moma got some Bernat Satin for dog sweaters. She's going to make a few to put up on our new pet supply website (Crazzy H Pet Designs). Little jerseys in cream and pink and cream and blue and a red basic dog sweater.

Moma keeps these metal animals and insects about the gardens and they are just too cute!

Some pretty purple flowers in the garden.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Yeah...that storm was rough. We lost power too. Glad you made it through alright!

Shawn said...

Hey love! I can't wait to see you on Sunday. I'm glad your mom is doing so well on her jacket. I hope she will do well with her on-line store.
Well, I love you babe! I can't wait to see you!