Friday, June 20, 2008

The Friday Fill-in and Creative Yarns

1. A smile is hard to fake.
2. Monopoly and Scattergories are my favorite board games.
3. I would love to have more free time in my life and less self-induced stress (I can get pretty anxious over nothing).
4. When I think of the Summer Solstice, I think of pagans. The word 'solstice' makes me think of them. I know, I'm probably being stereotypical or something, but I'm being honest!
5. I just remembered I need to go for a run!
6. One of my favorite song lyrics goes like this: I want something else / to get me through this / semi-charmed kind of life, baby, baby / I'm not listening when you say goodbye (Semi-charmed Life by Third Eye Blind).
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to knitting and watching movies, tomorrow my plans include a trip to the post office and feed store, and Sunday, I plan on going to High Falls with Arty (my brother I don't see as much as I would like)!
I went to Creative Yarns today in Macon... it was wonderful! Friendly staff, large store, the best selection I've seen in a yarn store, and it has spinning and weaving stuff! I spent too much money (and want to go back to spend more!), but got all the knitting-related stuff for my swaps this summer (other than a small order from Knit Picks) and the owner threw in a tote bag with her store's info on it (normally 5.00). Every time you use the bag in the store she puts your name into a monthly drawing for supplies. How cool is that?
I got my partners all sorts of yarny goodness. I only got myself a few things:


Malabrigo. I bought the laceweight but never used it... I think I'll like this a lot, though! It will be my first time knitting with it (and today was my first time fondling the worsted!). I'm thinking a simple garter stitch scarf... I love the color and the yarn is so yummy I think that garter is the only thing that will show it off to its full wonderfulness.
Cascade 220. I love this stuff... inexpensive, more colors than you could want, and it's just a great yarn! I got 5 skeins in red for a cardi for me. See? Yellow, red, that key lime CotLin I'm making the Leaf Raglan from... I am breaking out of my color rut! I want color!
Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton. After winning 5 skeins in a contest, I love this stuff. Remember that Mossy Jacket that's been sitting unfinished because of no button band/trim? Well, it will soon be a FO... This is naturally colored and is a pretty greeny cream. I think it will look great with the olive jacket and the orange (yes, orange) buttons I bought for it!

Here's a pic of the tote bag I got for free today... isn't it just too cute? I also got 6 punches on my card... 4 more to go before I get 25% off my purchase! See, I told you I spent too much today...

I also got a few needle point protector/stopper things (seriously need more of them, but felt kind of guilty at all that I was buying! Though they weren't expensive... funny, since I didn't feel guilty about the yarn I got for myself!) and a cute pewter sheep button. I think that button will go on a bag. I also bought Moma a few things... some cute fuzzy yarn to trim dog sweaters with and some much-needed size 6 dpns for her.

No comments: