Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weaving, Knitting, Spinning

I decided to get the loom out tonight. First time since Christmas! I'm not very good yet, but I'm not totally displeased with what I'm doing. Tonight I decided to make a mat for my bathroom, to go in front of the sink. I gathered up my scraps of cotton and this is what I made:

It's definitely not true bathmat quality... won't be anywhere near absorbant enough. But good enough for in front of the sink, which is what I intended. I need to double the yarn up on both the warp and the weft... I just did the weft. I really like it though. I need to dig up some of my old poofy paint stuff so it will be anti-slip. The pink and blue are my handdyed, the yellow and variegated is storebought. The warp is just ecru.

Here's a dishcloth I knitted up today for my next dishcloth swap on Swap-Bot (animals).


It's the Embossed Turtle by Smariek. I used the green Sugar'N Cream Twists I got on sale at Michael's last week. I love how it turned out. Fast and fun knit, too. Took me the time it take sto watch 2 shows on tv and the stitching keeps it interesting. Well written, also.

I've begun spinning the merino roving I got from Knitch a long while back. I think in February? Anyway, that second 4 ounce bit in the Seaweed colorway. The other one I gave away in my contest. It's spinning up into a finer weight yarn. I will be plying it... I think it'll end up somewhere around dk/sport.

I also did a little drum carding today! I haven't really done much with my much-wanted carder and I've had it for 6 months! Sad sad sad. I'm carding up the 10 ounces of gray Lincoln I got with the carder. It's fun and I love to watch it go from ugly, tight locks to bouncy, airy batt!

No comments: