Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Fill-in and Knitting

1. Oh, I can't wait until I have a hubby and a house of our own!
2. Barley water/tea is the first thing I see when I open my refrigerator.
3. I never leave home without lip stuff (Clinique lip gloss stuff).
4. If I were a condiment, I would be honey mustard because it's so delicious!
5. Acting fake just to impress someone is really high up on my list of pet peeves.
6. The last thing I thought of before I went to bed was about how I needed to get some sleep.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to watching movies and knitting, tomorrow my plans include getting a package from the post office and working, and Sunday, I want to be off, but I'm working!

Working on a few projects right now...

The Old Shale Scarf with the Noro my SoYL partner sent me. I've finished one ball and working on the second... I love it. Even Shawn, he who hates color, likes it.


I'm having a hard time capturing the true colors in pictures... it's not as bright and much more earthy.

I've also been working on 6"x6" squares for the Friendship Afghan Swap on Swap-Bot. One girl changed her color preference from brights to jewel tones, but no biggie since I only knit up one bright square for her before finding this out. It can go to someone else in a future swap, as I'm sure I'll get a partner that likes brights. I have the earth toned squares knit up and am working on the jewel toned ones right now.

Still working on the Basketweave Socks, which have become a travel knitting thing for now. I am in no rush to finish them and just work on them when I get a spare minute.

I plan on finally finishing up the Mossy Jacket this weekend if I have time. Just need to do the trimming and add buttons (I got the cutest orange buttons from a scrapbook store near my work). Then in the hope chest it goes!

And, the Multidirectional Scarf for my dad... hibernating right now, but it will come after I finish the Summer Love Scarf (my Noro baby), the Mossy Jacket, and these squares.

Here are a few Lincoln batts I carded up (finally, using my drum carder!). I have 10 oucnes of locks.


And that Seaweed merino roving all spun up. It's going to be a scarf for a swap partner on Swap-Bot (monochrome scarf swap).

1 comment:

Christy said...

I like that Noro scarf. The colors are incredible!

Hope you got some rain.

The kids and I might be making a road trip up to Dahlonega in the next few months. I'll let you know.