Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Secret Pal 12 Questions, again!

It seems that questions are taking over the blog. I've decided to quit the Manic Mondays because it just seems to be one big meme right now! I love the idea of these questions for SP12, but maybe they should have made them every other week or something to reduce the blog clutter.


What is(are) your favorite place(s) to knit?
The corner of the couch closest to the kitchen doorway if I'm at home or on my bed, right before going to sleep. If not at home I enjoy car knitting or while in waiting rooms. Really, there isn't a place I don't enjoy it.


What supplies (besides yarn & needles) make the setting perfect for knitting?
The essentials are a crochet hook, small pair of sharp scissors, and a tape measure. Other non-knitting things that make it perfect are a drink of some sort (water, usually), Shawn right beside me, my dog on the other side of me, a big blanket, and a good movie.


I've cast on for another scarf. This one is for a monochrome scarf swap I'm in on Swap-Bot. The send date is September 1, but I like getting my things out as soon as possible so I don't have to worry about it and possibly forget later. I was going to use that handspun merino in Seaweed, but decided instead to use some other stash yarn that I bought with no purpose whatsoever...


It's Lion Brand Wool in Sage. My partner likes ocean colors and this looks pretty seafoamy to me. Yes, it's the Old Shale pattern. Again. I can't help it. I love this pattern and it's wavy and ocean-like and I think it's perfect. So what if I have a problem?



Here's the Monkey progress using KP Palette. This is my first time knitting with it and I have to say, I love it. People tend to down it a bit because it's so inexpensive and stuff, but I like it. Soft, seemingly sturdy enough, and it's easy to knit with. Good stitch definition, also. This picture isn't showing the real color very well... it's not as minty. More of a grass green. The pic looks kind of hazy also (the light used is coming through the window and it's overcast right now).


This is the cloth I finished last night for my swap-bot washcloth swap. It's a food theme and this is an apple. The color is washed out in the picture. It's actually more camel colored. I had to omit a row at the top of the pattern for fear of running out of yarn (but I would've actually had just enough), but I think it looks fine. It hasn't been blocked yet.

A close-up of the Merino Style I got in the mail yesterday from my SP12 partner. This is the true colors of them... pretty! I know that at least one is destined to become Square Cake... I'm thinking the Strawberry, though I may also make one from the Harvest one as well. There are 2 sizes and I may just do one of each! The Moss one will likely become the Isabeau Purse (Ravelry link).

1 comment:

Christy said...

You've been busy! I'm jealous of your secret pal presents. I've not gotten anything yet.