Saturday, July 19, 2008

So, I'm sick.

The weekend of the 4th I started having a sore throat and pain in my left ear. I took 2 days off work (after the throat got worse and I started coughing) so I could just sleep it off, which usually works when I start getting sick. Didn't work. I started feeling better physically but still had that awful cough... it was in my chest and any pressure would make me cough or even when I changed positions when I slept. After hearing me cough all night long Wednesday night my dad insisted that I go to the doctor (he gets up at around 3 am every morning and my room shares a wall with the living room).

I have a sinus infection and a bronchial infection (sinusitis and bronchitis). Two infections at once. Go me.

The doc gave me a note for work (I was 2.5 hours late because of the appointment) and was surprised when I said I was going in to work that day. He figured that I would want to call in for a few days. I think not. I feel fine enough and really hate letting work down. And, I like getting paid, thank you very much!

I'm glad I went to the doctor... I tend to not go and just ride it out. He said if I waited another week I'd have pneumonia. I had it when I was in kindergarten and remember being on antibiotics (no milk products and all I wanted was cheese sticks) and staying home from school for 2 weeks straight. My grandmother came over every day and brought me Where's Waldo books. On second though, maybe I should have waited until next week! (kidding...)

Anyway, the long wait at the doc's office let me get a lot of work done on the Summer Love Scarf. I should finish it tomorrow.

Here's a picture of Gideon napping:


He's such a napper dog... if he's not eating or walking, he's sleeping. He sleeps in the bed with me and I let him sleep in (he only goes outside twice a day or so... I swear I think he'd die of heartbreak if he ever had an accident in the house). Some days I get up to go in to work or school or whatever and I leave him. My mom forgets about him and I come home that night to find him still asleep in bed. I let him go out to potty and an hour later I'm ready to go to sleep and he's in with me. Just falls alseep with no issue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh! I hope you feel better soon!

SP12

Anonymous said...

For more information on sinusitis and sinus related disease and treatment visit http://www.sinusinfocenter.com