Monday, July 21, 2008

This was one Manic Monday

What's your favorite beach in the world?
I'm not really a beach person (all that sand, salty (and often dirty) water, the people...), but I have to say I really love going to the pier at St. Simons Island. The beach is rocky, but has sand (the perfect amount) and the dogs love to run and play there.

What's the next country you want to visit?
South Korea, hands down. It's been too long.

What one thing are you craving today?
Orange coke.


I went back to the doc's today since yesterday was really rough. My infections are viral, not bacterial like he had originally thought. He upped some of my meds and told me to ride it out. I have a note for work and won't be returning for a week! So much for this paycheck. But, it's contagious and it's best that I stay home and by Monday I'll be 100% again.

All this time home means a lot of knitting time, which is good. I have to complete 2 dishcloths (I hate calling them that... it just sounds bad and doesn't give the FO its due)... 2 washcloths for a swap I'm hosting on Swap-Bot. Food themed... one is an apple (got it halfway finished at the doc's) and the other is undecided. Will have to look through Ravelry for a pattern. I picked up 2 balls of cotton at Walmart the other night for it. I chose red and orange, so hope the partner likes it. The apple cloth is in a tan color (just what I had lying around).

I also need to finish all those UFOs I have! Not that many, actually, but the Mossy Jacket still needs the trimming/buttonband and buttons and my dad's Multidirectional Scarf needs to be finished. I'm also ready to have the basketweave socks finished with so the Monkeys can become travel knitting.

Family was over today. Aunts, uncles and cousins from Florida and Georgia. The Floridians have a new RV and drove it up. We're not very social in general and even having family over sends my mom and me into a frenzy. We're just not good hosts.

No comments: