Friday, August 1, 2008

Decisions...

I've decided that it's better to make yourself happy than to try to make others happy. That is ultimately speaking, at least. In the end, it's yourself that you must live with and your feelings affect you the most, so be sure to take care of them and try to not take care of everyone else's. It's exhausting in all possible meanings of the word and I'm through with it regarding one person in my life. I just don't care anymore. I used to have a wonderful relationship with this person and loved talking to them, being around them, and looked for their approval. I still love them, but I don't like them anymore and have decided that I just can't be around them or even have a real conversation with them anymore. They bring me down and affect me in a way that's just unhealthy and unfair to everyone else in my life (it affects my mood and happiness, which carries over into other relationships, school, work, etc.). It's saddening and breaks my heart, but it's true and I've finally come to accept that.

ETA: After posting this and rereading, I realized that some might think I'm talking about my fiance, Shawn. It's not him, but another person close to me. Shawn is really my only real friend (sad, isn't it?) and he's one of the three people I can always turn to (the others being Moma and Arty (my brother)).

Ok, more uplifting posts coming soon... Sorry to have this become a ranting blog in the last few posts! Normal knitting and fibery news from now on (for a little while, at least!).

No comments: