Friday, August 29, 2008

FO Friday

Here's the fillin:

1. When I'm sick I'm fatigued.
2. When I take a walk, I think about my plans for the future (house, land, animals, hubby, etc).
3. Money can't buy happiness but it can buy temporary happiness! And a lot of yarn.
4. Cotton makes me frustrated to spin and leather makes me happy.
5. The strangest person/character I've had lewd thoughts about was Brad Pitt. It doesn't seem that weird, but I really don't like him or find him at all attractive.
6. My favorite color these days are turquoise, olive, and red because they are pretty! Turquoise is just a beautiful color, olive is a staple for me, and red is bold.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to sleeping, tomorrow my plans include going down and helping Moma move, and, Sunday, I want to get all the animals situated. Since it's a long weekend, Monday I plan on going to H Mart (a Korean superstore) with my grandparents, mom, Arty, Shawn, and Michelle (Arty's girlfriend) and picking up Vinnie!

Today was definitely a productive day for me, knitting-wise. I worked on the Monkey and am so close to being finished and actually got 2 FOs now. These two have been sitting since May. They should have been quick knits, but I lost momentum and never touched them until today.


This is the Mossy Jacket (by f.pea). The baby jacket I started May 7. It's finished! I had finished the jacket May 14, but didn't have another color for the buttonband. I finally bought that the end of May, but didn't start back up on it until today. It was my first buttonband, first raglan (that I started), and first time adding buttonholes/buttons. Easy peasy and it's just too cute! It's going in the hope chest for one of our kids one day. It's Blue Sky Alpacas Dyed Cotton.

This is the Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf that I started early May. I had worked on it here and there this summer, but nothing major. I finally got it finished up today (it was lacking only that last little triangle at the end). I used the alternate ending on the pattern and it turned out very nicely. It's my handspun merino in the Hebride's Overture colorway. This is going to my father this weekend. It's so soft and squishy.

That leaves me with only 3 WIPS and no hibernating UFOs right now! I'm working on the Basketweave Socks, that second Monkey, and my $5 raglan.

2 comments:

Christy said...

You know, Brad Pitt--not so much for me either. Love that scarf!

Turtle said...

lol at the brad pitt, nope, no interest from here at all either! you have been very busy and productive!