Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Great Day

I got the job. Woohoo!

I had my warp-up meeting at the District Office this morning. We had to present the work we've done on our four projects (Cosmetics, SIMS (inventory), Commercial Photo Accounts, and Prescription Savings Club). My store is less than a year old and located in a very small and rural town, so my actual results weren't that outstanding. I didn't think I had a shot at winning (there were 4 first place prizes of 50.00 Visa giftcards and 4 second place of 25.00 cards). The busier stores natually have better sales and results.

Apparently, numbers don't matter. I won first place for one of my projects (which one? Not sure yet as they didn't tell us). Anyway, that giftcard is already gone (gas gas gas). Isn't that amazing? I'm beyond thrilled and so proud of myself.

I also got offered a job working at the Gainesville store (near school) and am starting a week after class begins. I get to decide when I start, what hours I'm available, and all that. I can also go back to my Barnesville store for the holidays. I'll be working as a BMI like I was this summer and getting the same pay (yay!). It's great that I also get to keep my active employee status and can get that wonderful employee discount and can get my benefits going as soon as I graduate and am working full time (I got my packet in already).

I'm a results kind of girl and really need to feel accomplished. This makes me feel that way. I went into this internship with a lot of skepticism and little knowledge. I am leaving it with confidence, knowledge, and pride. I worked hard and I'm now going to be working as a member of management during my final year of school and will be a MGT as soon as I graduate. I love it and feel so lucky to be in a position to where I don't have to worry about finding a job after I finish with school.

Tomorrow I'm moving back to Dahlonega and Shawn will be there to help me get all my stuff moved back into the apartment. It will be nice to see him.

Here's the Friday Fill-in:

1. You know you're old when 2330 is staying up late (that's 11:30 pm for all you non-military time folk).
2. My heart is divided between what makes me happy and what makes others happy.
3. Money, sleep, and Shawn are what I need RIGHT NOW!
4. I have felt the conflicts of love, pangs of loss, and ecstasy of joy; I have known the depths of regret.
5. Gah, won't these people learn to be nice?
6. Fix broken relationships as soon as you can! You never know what will happen.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to going to bed, tomorrow my plans include moving back to Dahlonega, and, Sunday, I want to sleep in and get settled in!

And now the SP question:

Have you ever entered your knitting (or anything else) in a fair? Or have you considered it?

I have entered many things in the Griffin Fair! Paintings, cross stitch, wood work, etc. No knitting yet, but I certainly plan on it. I'm in the south and county fairs are the highlight of the fall!

Knitting news... I'm working on the foot of the first Monkey. I got a lot of progress done the week. These will be for Moma's birthday present (next Thursday, but we're celebrating Friday).

2 comments:

Christy said...

Yippee for you and the now-spent gift card. That is so awesome.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your accomplishments!!

Your SP12 Pal