Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It's raining.

And raining, and raining, and raining. I think it's from that storm/hurricane/whatever it is today Fay. I love the rain, but only on weekends when I don't have to do anything. Not when I have to walk to class without an umbrella. And, yes, I'm a bad animal owner on those rainy weekends... I do not venture out to feed them or play with them unless it's a new babe or I'm afraid the leaky barn is flooding a cage.

I've decided to narrow down my hobbies. I'm spread to thin. Shawn made me make a list and narrow it down. I've decided on animals (my first love!), fiber arts (of course), and to dabble in beading and wood crafts (mostly woodburning).

I may be getting a new car Thursday! An 87 Ford Ranger. Red with white along the bottom. 135k miles on it and runs great with great interior. I'll be going out to look at it Thursday. Shawn will be paying for it, but I'll be putting a lot of money into our account once I'm working (I start next week and will get 12 hours a week). It's 1200.00. Not too bad and it's in great shape for its age (as old as I am! I love how old cars seem to last forever if given good care).

I'm naming it Vinnie if I get it. The Santa Fe is pretty much dead... it will go, but not safely. I don't like driving it and fear breaking down or getting hit by another car when I drive it. My dad says nothing's wrong with it, so I'm giving it to him.

Still working on the $5 shirt... now working on the sleeve increases and just about finished with them I think. The monkey heel flap is a few rows in now and should be finished for this weekend no problem (I may have to neglect the shirt, but no rush on it).

No comments: