Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday!

1. There is no need to worry so much. I really need to take this advice. Things usually work out in the end.
2. Where in the heck did the time go? The older you get, the faster time goes by.
3. An endstand reset is all I managed to do at work today.
4. Prospects for job security look very good for me.
5. Going against the grain just to be going against the grain is annoying, silly, and NOT "being your own person" is the message that I'd like to get through to a lot of kids these days.
6. Simplicity and tranquility are sometimes difficult to find, but are actually easy to get if you know what you're looking for.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to spending time with Shawn, tomorrow my plans include going home and helping Moma move the rest of her stuff (with Arty and Shawn's help), and, Sunday, I want to finish moving everything, meet a lady to sell a puppy, and go in to work at midnight.

Here's my first real crochet project! I whipped it up in about two hours tonight... It's the Amigurumi Frog by Lionbrand. I could have done a better job with the stitching for the mouth and eyes, but it's 0230 and I'm tired and didn't feel like putting so much effort. It's going to Arthur; I think he'll like it. It's from my handspun wool blend and KP Wool of the Andes, stuffed with Polyfil.


This is my Elisa's Nest Tote, knitted from recycled yarn from a thrift shop item someone sent to me in a swap. It's mercerized cotton of some sort (5-ply) and has pinks and oranges in it. I'm making this for SAFF to hold all my purchases.

No comments: