Friday, September 5, 2008

Knotty or Knice?

I say very knice!


I started on it yesterday. It's my first time using that particular cast-on (Judy's magic method), first time doing toe-up, and first time reading from a chart. It's going well and is very quick. I really love this pattern and think these socks are going to look and fit great. It's making a very sturdy fabric, which I love for handknit socks! These are going to last. The color changes are gorgeous and I love the yarn (it is pretty consistent throughout, but does have slight thick/thin sections. It really adds texture and personality).

Specs: US 1 dpn (bamboo), superwash merino/tencel handspun (from a previous sp pal), Knotty or Knice Socks from IK Fall 2008.

Here is the sheep frame now that I've added to it:

I'm glad I added the trees and wheat stalk to it. The trees have more texture and definition than this picture shows and the wheat is more defined. I should add closeups of them, but don't feel like editing them right now. The picture is just a ram that I found online.

This fillin is based on song lyrics, none of which I recognize. So, I'm filling in based on me.

1. If I was to walk into your life, would you accept me for who I am?
2. Catch a bright star and place it in a mason jar for me. Wouldn't that be neat to have?
3. And you can send me enough money to buy a bit of land, build a house, and take a trip to South Korea with my mom and Shawn?
4. Sometimes I want to forgive a certain someone, but I'm dealing with a memory that never forgets.
5. I'm the innocent bystander / Somehow I got stuck in the middle of everything.
6. What's keeping us apart isn't selfishness, it's pride.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to knitting and spending time with Shawn, tomorrow my plans include sleeping in and lounging around, and, Sunday, I want to knit and relax.

No comments: