Tuesday, September 30, 2008

La Mer

Look at this...



It's the La Mer Scarf from Interweave Crochet Summer 2008 (picture copyright Interweave Crochet 2008). Gorgeous Tunisian crochet. Pattern calls for 100% silk, so the bamboo will be perfect! I'll be using the 8 oz of Prairie Dusk for this. I'm going to TRY for balanced singles. We'll see how that goes. This will be my first attempt at Tunisian crochet, my first time working with bamboo (spinning and knitting), and my first time incorporating beads into a pattern (that loopy fringe!).

I've been working on the second Knotty or Knice sock. I'm almost finished with the toe. The first one is on waste yarn because I'm not sure how much yarn I'll have left... I would love to make the leg a little longer if possible. I think I'll have enough, but wanted to be safe.

Also working on my mom's Ziggy Lace Scarf. It's coming along nicely and I'm about a third of the way done with it. I'm making it pretty long to use up that yarn and because it's a pretty narrow pattern. I want it long enough to double up.

No comments: