Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Summer of Yarn Love Final Package!

Look at what I got in the mail today...


My final package from the fabulous swap partner... emoliver! (it's a Ravelry link)

I got the cutest piggy bank that came from an antique store. I collect piggy banks (non-piggies are great too) and love pigs, so this is perfect. I really love it. Here's a view of it's cute little face:

It reminds me of my pig, Tobasco, when he squeals. Here's a pigture (I couldn't help myself) of him (this is him at his fattest; he's lost a good bit of weight since then and we're all happier):

I also got the prettiest notecards... I love a girl that shops at Ikea! These cards are gorgeous and will go to good use... thanks Estella!

And, the YARN. Oh, the yarn! I LOVE IT. It's really funny, I think my partner could read my mind... last night I was browsing some of the projects on Ravelry and came across a pair of socks made from this same yarn and I fell in love! This is such an extra special treat! I probably wouldn't have bought this yarn for myself (I'm really cheap and tend to gravitate toward Happy Feet once I look at price tags). I'm going to have to find the perfect pattern! The yarn is Neighborhood Fiber Co. Watershed (70% merino/30% seacell) in the Cooper Circle colorway.

Thanks so much, Estella, for the wonderful swap experience! Anyone to have you as a swap partner is lucky! I love all my gifts and feel so spoiled!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Wow - what great looking yarn!