Thursday, October 9, 2008

FO!

Sometimes I can't seem to finish a project. Other times it seems like I'm finishing them like crazy. Now would be the latter...

Here's my finished $5 in Paris shirt (I call it $5 in Georgia):

Sorry for the ugly pictures! I'm not very photogenic (at all), the picture quality is bad, and my hair is frizzing big time (I got caught in the pouring down rain on the way to class today, without an umbrella or jacket).
The shirt came out well enough, I think. I did too many increases, making it a little too big in the neck, but I still like it enough. I did a few mods, but mostly only in the amount of ribbing and needle sizes.

This is half of my knitted item for the Color Swap on Ravelry:
Chlorofyll Mittens (pattern link) knit in Knit Picks Merino Style, Strawberry colorway. My partner loves pink and fingerless mitts, so I thought this was a good choice. The color isn't very pinky, kind of between pink and red... I think it's great for the swap, though, since I wanted to use shades of pink (Can you imagine a box full of stuff that's the exact same shade? And can you imagine trying to find all that stuff to buy?). I'm through the ribbing on the second mitt and expect to be finished tomorrow or Saturday. Mods include shortening the cuff and top ribbing and the thumb and using a smaller needle size (closest I had). The pattern calls for a bit over one ball of this yarn and I only have one, so needed to trim it up somewhere. I love the bobbles! I'll probably make a pair for me. This yarn is lovely and I plan on using it more in the future!

1 comment:

Timiae said...

Test comment. Had a few people say that my comments weren't working.