Friday, October 24, 2008

FO

1. Right now, I'm feeling a little tired and really excited about SAFF!
2. A year from now is where I want to be.
3. How does one ensure that their future will go as planned?
4. Shawn keeps me on track.
5. Please don't make any bad grades this semester or next! I plan on graduating in MAY.
6. Fiber, friends, and animals fill me with joy.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to hanging out with Shawn and Moma, tomorrow my plans include lots of fiber purchases, and, Sunday, I want to go wedding place looking with Shawn and roll around in all my new yarn/fiber/etc!

Ok, here are the Knotty or Knice Socks, finally:

Pictures with the flash on and flash off. The color is somewhere in between. Shiny and a gorgeous color and the cabling shows off really well. These will wear really well.

I ended up doing 2 full pattern repeats on the legs and ended with rows 1-7 and 3 rounds of 2x2 ribbing (no twisted stitches). This created infinity cables all around the leg. Really pretty. I knew I'd have to cut them short (the pattern calls for 5 repeats on the legs) since I was about 100 yards too short on the yarn and I thought this was a good way to do it. I could have easily finished up that repeat all the way through, but my left hand was literally numb from all the knitting I was doing on them tonight! I wanted to finish up before going to bed and I knitted on them for about 4 hours straight. The tiny gauge killed my hand, but they are completed!

I've got all my stuff ready for SAFF! A list of things to remember to bring, directions, important numbers, all my stuff laid out. I am beyond excited about it. I'll be posting either Saturday or Sunday will all my loot, so be sure to check then!

1 comment:

Lupie said...

Love the way the socks came out!
I always leave the flash off when I take pictures.
And the shoes are so cute.