Thursday, November 13, 2008

Color Swap Package!

I got a wonderful package today from BridgetA (Ravelry link).


I gave 4 color options (turquoise, olive, red, and purple) and she chose to send me a purple package! I'm glad that she chose that color since it's a new favorite for me and I don't have much purple anything yet.

She sent me a really sweet Happy Engagement card, congratulating me on finally setting a wedding date. The goodies include:

-2 skeins of dark purple Patons Classic Merino - I love this yarn and the color is gorgeous. I love that dark eggplanty purple!
-2 skeins of Reynolds Whiskey in a dark heathery purple, purchased at Rhinebeck - So pretty and I haven't seen this yarn before.
-A skein of Wild Apple Hill Farm, Ltd 100% Wool in a beautiful lighter purple - I love farm yarns and the color is gorgeous. I'm thinking of knitting a bag from this...
-2 packs of Thank You cards for the wedding - So sweet and thoughtful!
-2 fall-themed magnetic notepads - I love stationary and these are so cute.
-A size G crochet hook - Thanks! My hook collection is seriously lacking, so it's nice to have another one!
-A circular crochet hook - Neither of us has seen one of these before... so neat!
-A bunch of handmade soap, made by her aunt - I love handmade bath items and these smell wonderful!

This is the progress on Arthur's Christmas gift. I decided not to use the handspun so that I could do a little more stashbusting on the partial skeins I have. This was supposed to be fingerless mitts, but I'm thinking that it's going to be a camera bag instead. They are looking too big to be mitts (not sure why, though, as I'm using the same weight yarn and needle size as my mitts and only casted on 2 more stitches). The yarns are Araucania Ranco (same as my mitts) and Knit Picks Palette (leftovers from my mom's Monkey socks). I designed this pattern. I'll be making something else for Arty... I'm thinking the Naughty/Nice Scarf out of Cascade 220.

No comments: