Tuesday, November 4, 2008

FO!


It's finished! This is the Little Arrowhead Shawl in my handspun bamboo. Started it October 3, finished it November 4. I cheated on this thing big time, so it took me a lot longer than it should have... I think that if I was monogamous it would have taken less than a week. The pattern is really easy and was a good pick for my first "real" lace wrap. The pictures are of it fresh off the needles, unblocked and with the ends still loose. Unblocked measurements are 40" across and 19" from top to tip. It will get a good blocking this afternoon. I love how the colors came out. I used about 80% of the skein, which was around 335 yards.
I also finished the second mitten yesterday night. Yay! That leaves me with one WiP right now (the felted bag for Moma). I'll be looking through my queue to see what will go on the needles next. I really need to get to spinning more so that I can get started on the fingerless mitts I designed for Arthur...

2 comments:

Sunset Knitter said...

it' beautiful. Great work!

Lupie said...

Amazing!! The colorway is so beautiful. It looks light and airy.