Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Oh well

So, I missed yesterday's post. But, it's only about 0100, so I didn't miss it by much.

I do have a good excuse, though. I was up late Sunday night writing up a Design The Revolution project and ended up finishing it this afternoon. As soon as that was finished, I started on a research paper for my War & Society in America class on the negative effects of WWI and WWII regarding women in the United States. I'm still writing it, but am taking breaks here and there. It's actually due at 11pm today, but I didn't want to have to do it at home (Yay! Thanksgiving break begins tomorrow!).

I have 4 WIPs right now. More than I'd like, but that's the way it goes sometimes. 3 of them are scarves! I love to make scarves and love to wear them, but feel like I can have too many (though I really doubt that). I'm working on my bias garter stitch scarf for me (it's boring), the pole dancer scarf hasn't been touched in a while (need to get on that!), and I started another scarf while working on the research paper (the other wip is a crocheted earflap hat for charity).


The edges aren't actually so rough as the picture makes it look. Blocking will fix all that. It's the Tulip Scarf, with rows of double crochet added in. Some people can't knit without mods to a pattern; I can't seem to crochet without my own slant on it. The yarn is Malabrigo Worsted in Pollen that I bought at the beginning of summer (I have 2 skeins, but hope to use only one on the scarf). No plans on who's getting this... it may go to one of the little girls that lives next to my mom. I need to make 3 hats or scarves or something for the girls since the family has been so kind to my mom (bringing her food since she's on temporary lay-off). The girls are so sweet and really love all the critters in the small pasture between their house and ours.