Friday, November 7, 2008

Projects

1. My blueprint for success includes school, marriage, a good job and working hard for a bit (saving money), and then having children and being a stay-at-home mom/hobby farmer.
2. Hersheys with almond was the last candy I ate.
3. The best facial moisturizer I've ever used is Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel (or the Lotion, which is the older version).
4. A hot bath and a good book can be good therapy.
5. I'd like to tell you about my life. That's why I have a blog.
6. Refusal to give in on my beliefs is my strongest characteristic.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to Shawn's house, tomorrow my plans include Barnes & Noble all day (Shawn has drill), and Sunday, I want to do the Barnes & Noble thing again, then come back to campus to write a precis!

I have a WIP now and plan on casting on for another today or tomorrow.

This is the Aran Isle Slippers from Interweave Knits Gifts magazine. I'm making them for Moma, who loves slipper things. Being Korean, we do not wear shoes in the house, so slippers are great and I know Moma will love them. I will make me a pair as well. I'm using Cascade 220. The pattern is really easy and very clever, which I just adore.
This is Lang LaWoll sock yarn. I'll be casting on this weekend for a pair of plain stockinette socks.

My latest in spinning. This is the domestic wool plied up. I still have about this much more to do. Total of about 3 ounces, fingering weight. I designed a stranded fingerless mitt pattern for Arthur and this will be the background color.

3 comments:

sunsetknitter said...

The slippers look great. I was thinking about knitting a pair for my grandmom.

sunsetknitter said...

One more thing...a day at BN sounds like heaven on earth to me. I've often thought of getting a part time job there.

Lupie said...

Just got my Interweave Knits Gifts magazine and can't wait to start these slipper.