Thursday, November 20, 2008

Puppies!

M&D Lucy In The Sky W. Diamonds ("Lucy") had her first litter yesterday morning by M&D The Man In Black ("Johnny Cash")! It was Johnny's first litter as well.

There are 4 black females, 1 cream/apricot female (we'll know for sure as she gets more fur), and 2 black males. We'll be keeping one pup for training and will know as they mature which one that will be.

We are very excited about this litter. It's the first litter since June and our first litter out of homebred parents. We love my baby Johnny and it's so special to have some of his pups on the ground. He's going to be a daddy again next month... a Labradoodle girl is carrying his babies (not our dog, but someone who used Johnny as a stud).

I'll definitely be posting pics once I get home next week for Thanksgiving break.

Speaking of which, plans are to go to my mom's house and celebrate with her. I was going to go to Shawn's house this year (opposite of last year), but with things going like they are with the divorce situation, I thought it best to go home and let Shawn go to his house. We'll be parting ways this year, but we have the rest of our lives to have Thanksgiving together. Also, I'll be bringing back plenty of leftovers and we'll have our own late Thanksgiving celebration when we're back at school.

No comments: