Saturday, November 22, 2008

Update

This is what I began spinning last night... not the best pic, but it'll do for now (I hope to finish the spinning and have a natural light picture tomorrow). It's some Targhee roving with a pinch of Angelina thrown in. I got both (as well as a nice sampler of other fibers for carding) from my pal in the Fibery Goodness swap on Ravelry. This is an ounce or so, I think. The Angelina was in the same bag and got mixed in a little, so I've been adding a little to it throughout to make it even. This is my first time working with Targhee and it's sooo sproingy! Very squishy. It's going to be a roughly worsted weight 2-ply when I'm finished. Not sure what to do with it, but I'm thinking of making them into cuffs for some mitts of some sort. We'll see.

Other than that, not much fibery stuff going on here. I've been crocheting on and off (working on a ear-flap hat) and doing a row here and there on my biased garter stitch scarf. The pole dancer illusion scarf is in a very short hibernation for now.
The pups are all doing well and everyone has their tails docked and dewclaws removed now (Poodles yesterday, Yorkies today). Normally I do this, but Michelle (Arthur's girlfriend, who is also a vet tech like Arty and me (though we aren't actively working as techs right now and she is)) did it since I was away.

1 comment:

Lupie said...

My friend just got a spinning wheel from the 17th century. I hope to see it soon and will post pictures on my blog.