Thursday, November 6, 2008

What to knit now?

I'm without a WIP! How could that be? I finished all the knitting on my mom's Christmas bag (just needs felting) and the bamboo shawl. I've been scouring Ravelry all day trying to find the next big project, but really don't know what to knit. I have been trying to find the perfect cardi/pullover pattern for the 1000+ yards of Calypso (from Creatively Dyed), but can't find anything I like; I was going to just make it up as I go, but I need a 3 or 4 sized circ and I don't have it. I'm thinking that the yarn will become a neckwarmer, a scarf, and maybe a pair of fingerless mitts. I don't know.

I do have some Christmas knitting to do, but am whipping through them so quick!

Arthur - crocheted hat (FINISHED), fingerless mitts in my handspun/my stranded design (pattern is finished, just need to get all the spinning done up)
Michelle - crocheted handspun scarf (FINISHED)
Moma - felted handspun bag (FINISHED) to be stuffed with a scented sachet (FINISHED) and a pair or two of the slippers in the Interweave Gifts magazine

That leaves only 2 or 3 things to get finished and they are all quickies.

I'm just not sure what my next (big) project will be. It's annoying me.

Here are the pics of my mom's bag (prefelting) and the scented sachet thing (a tiny bag to hang from her rearview mirror that is full of smelly stuff):

1 comment:

sunsetknitter said...

The bag looks great!
What did you put in the satchel?