Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Tree & Knitting

This is our little tree. Moma got it across the road (we always find our trees, never buy!) and it's the perfect size for our tiny little house. She had me buy the shortest string of lights while I was out yesterday and we only have one ornament:
I crocheted this up when making the charity ornaments. It's kind of ugly, but kind of cute being all lonesome on the tree. We actually have a ton of ornaments, but they are all at my dad's house, so none for my mom.
We don't have a star or angel to top the tree, so I made a Malabrigo star. I made it up as I went and it turned out ok. I tied it to the tree. Some may say our little tree is ugly, but we think otherwise. It's perfect. Moma is making some paper ring chain things today and I'll be knitting/crocheting some more ornaments for it.

For some knitting...


What I have on the bias garter stitch scarf so far. Nearing halfway there.

The illusion scarf. Also nearly halfway there. I won't have enough red to keep up a striping pattern for the other half and not enough blue to make it solid! I'll have to figure out some sort of striping sequence that looks nice, but it will still be shorter than I like. We'll see what I can come up with.

Johnny and June. Through with the heel, now working on the foot. Quick, but the ribbing is getting tedious.

2 comments:

Lupie said...

Your tree is so sweet!
Can't wait to see the illusion scarf finished it look awesome.

Anita O said...

Kind of reminds me of the Charlie Brown tree that was soo sad. Can't wait to see it when you have it all jazzed up!

the socks look great, and so do the scarves.