Saturday, December 6, 2008

Johnny & June

Have you heard that song? It's somewhat new (this summer, I think) and is sooo good.

I love Johnny Cash. I love his music, I loved the movie Walk The Line, I even named my dog after him (registered name M&D The Man In Black, we call him Johny Cash). Yes, I do realize that he was a drug-user and cheated on his wife/kids. I hate both those things. But, I can't help but love the man in black. He and June Carter were meant to be together.

This is Burning Rings Of Fire, which I cast on for yesterday night. I'm using the Creatively Dyed Calypso (King colorway) that I got at SAFF. It looks very similar to the yarn used in the pattern. I'm so pleased with this... quick and easy, yet very effective! The colorway is gorgeous and no pooling or striping, just how I like it.


Here is how my Friendship Afghan looks now, at 55% finished:


It's going to be 6 squares (3 feet) by 10 squares (5 feet).

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Afghan is lovely.

SOcks for Johnny and june! Make me swoon

~ Phyllis ~ said...

The afghan is beautiful. So many colors. Good job.

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I love the afghan and the sock in progress yummy:)Hugs Darcy