Friday, December 5, 2008

Ornaments for a Cause & Snowy Day Mitts

This is the first of, hopefully, many knitted ornaments I'm knitting for a nursing home. Knitting Up A Storm is having a contest to gather up as many of these ornaments (pattern in the contest post) so she can donate them to her grandfather's nursing home. The post will make you cry... these people are lonely and need some cheering up! The three people with the most sent will get prizes and everyone that sends ornaments in will get a free KUAS pattern. These things are so quick and easy and are great for stashbusting. I'm making mine with some handspun South African Fine (holding the yarn doubled to make it worsted weight).





These are my Snowy Day Mitts. I designed them myself. The brown is Malabrigo Worsted and the blue is my handspun Targhee with a splash of Angelina.

Now, for the fillin...

1. Snow needs to fall in Dahlonega, Georgia!
2. I'm looking forward to going home after the semester is over.
3. Standard Poodle is the best dog breed ever!
4. One of my favorite old tv shows is MASH.
5. I'm done with all my finals but one.
6. The most enjoyable thing around the holidays is being able to relax.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to hanging out in my room (knitting/spinning!), tomorrow my plans include cleaning my room, and, Sunday, I want to read a little, do some fiber stuff, and see Shawn (he has drill this weekend I didn't go with him).

2 comments:

~Knitting Up A Storm~ said...

Your ornament looks great! :) Varigated colorways is also a great way to avoid the whole extra work of switching colors thing.

In general, all I ask is that they are not sports colors! Ha ha. That's why a Red/green, red/white, green/white, blue/white, etc...real generic holiday colors would be best for a two-stripe. :) You could also avoid holiday colors if you do three stripes instead of two. That's fine as well.

Thanks for helping out! I'm really glad you're on board! :)

~Knitting Up A Storm~ said...

P.s- great mitts!! :)