Sunday, December 21, 2008

Yesterday, Knitting, and Christmas (and Gabby)

Yesterday was a good day. Moma and I went to Hampton to do the teensiest bit of Christmas shopping. We took Gabby and Crouton (her brother that's available) with us. We went to Books-A-Million first (CiCi's wasn't open yet, so we neede to kill time). I had made a huge booklist the night before and wanted to see what they had. I was surprised that almost every book I had on my list was in the store (of course, the ones that I really wanted weren't there). My mom told me to pick out a book as a Christmas gift. I got The Book Of Lost Things (Connolly). I read the reviews on Amazon and it looked interesting. Moma made me wrap it and it's now under the tree.

We then went to eat. Cici's is one of my favorite quick places to eat. So, it's not the nicest place in the world, but it's cheap, quick, and decently good.

Next was PetsMart to bring the pups in and to look around. Santa was there for pictures. We saw a bunch of cute dogs, of course.

Then, Michael's. We spent so much time there. Lots of great deals! Moma got the stuff to make a wreath (a bunch of stuff) for less than 5.00. I got some sterling silver jewelry findings for a great deal, some lower-gauge jewelry wire to make a few rings, some Swarovski crystal beads (almost 50% off!), and two wooden hearts to woodburn for ornaments. Oh, and clear ball ornaments to put red and white roving in for ornaments.

On the way back, we stopped by the flea market to browse and made some awesome finds...

We got 24 tiny stuffed animals/beanie babies for a dollar for the dogs. Here are a few as example... I'm keeping the hippo, dinosaur, and lamb for myself and the others are going to Arthur for his Yorkies, Fifa and Mike (pronounced Meeka, like from Euro Trip). The rest that are for the dogs are now strewn all over the house... Josie, Gideon, and Eunny had a blast playing with all the new things.

I also got 3 books for a dollar fifty, some dog treats, cabbage for Tabasco (my pig), and Moma got some veggies for Christmas dinner.

I got a lot of knitting done on the illusion scarf, finally, and I'm now in the groove for it:

Have you seen the Shortrow Spiral blanket/rug/whatever you want it to be? It's sort of log cabiny, but not really. I think I may start on this using random scraps/leftovers, felt it, and use it as a rug. Or maybe don't felt it and make a blanket. I don't know. I just think it'd be great to stashbust or maybe for stash enhancement (Wool-Ease, perhaps?).

Christmas plans: We're having Christmas Eve at Arthur and Michelle's. Their house is completely painted, stuff's where it belongs, and it's time to see it! Moma is cooking a nice dinner, Michelle is making a dessert, and it's going to be me, Moma, Michelle, Arty, and Shawn. We're opening presents there. Christmas day will be pretty uneventful, probably just hanging out around the house, taking down the ornaments and such. Maybe we'll go for a Christmas ride (if Rowdy will behave for Shawn... I swear, I love that horse and he's so good under saddle, but he's picky on who gets to ride him. Usually, he's good for my mom and me and that's about it).

I did a puppy photo shoot the other day and got this cute shot that perfectly shows off Gabby's princess attitude:
All the puppies were playing together, wrestling, and then all fell asleep in a big pile. Gabby got so mad when the others tried playing with her. She just wanted to do her own thing and refused to sleep with the rest. She fell asleep (in the cutest way, with her back legs stretched out behind her) about two feet from the rest. She's such a princess... snotty and too good for the other pups. She plays well with her brothers, but wants nothing to do with the other puppies. I'm getting myself into a mess with her, but she's definitely getting full obedience training to help channel her attitude!

Sorry for the novel of a post! If you made it to the end, good for you and thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Hi Timiae,

Sorry I haven't been around lately. I've been busy and had to deal with some difficult issues, but I'm hoping that next year will be better for us all.

Have a wonderful, happy and peaceful holiday.