Friday, January 9, 2009

Charity Hat #2



This is hat number two. It's the Who? hat (pattern link). I love it! The eyes are vintage mother of pearl buttons I got from an antique thrift store over Christmas break. I used Red Heart Super Saver (I know, but it's washable and I don't think it's too itchy, personally).

What do you guys think? I don't think I look good in hats, but I really want one because they do keep you warm. I know it isn't the best picture of me (I'm tired, dressed down, my hair's a mess, the flash washed my skin tone out, and I just threw the hat on), but do I look Ok in a hat? This hat is too big for me, but do I look Ok enough to invest in making a hat just for me and actually wear it out in public? I'm looking for honesty here!

1. It's January; the beginning of a new year that should be full of good things.
2. Mexican food or a good burger is what I crave most right now.
3. Cork and wine go together like a bottle cap and coke.
4. Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm is so nourishing for my lips.
5. Let us dare to live life to the fullest.
6. I love my home.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to knit and watch tv, tomorrow my plans include going to a knitting group, and, Sunday, I want to do a little schoolwork and maybe spin a little.

7 comments:

Anita O said...

I think you are adorable in the hat. Really. LOL, you are too funny.
And RH washes up very soft. I made my little guy a kimono and after washing, it's sooo soft and snuggly. Just throw it in the washer.
I'm making a who, when down a needle size, and it still seems very large. Hmmm. Well, I hope you have a good weekend!

Turtle said...

your weekend plans sound good. I really like the hat! may have to cast one on this weekend!

Jenny Girl said...

I think your hat is cute and looks good on you. You have a face made for hat wearing.
And who cares if it's red heart? I would have never know :)

lunaticraft said...

That hat is sooo cute! I've been hoping to try something with slight cables for the first time, and I think you just alerted me to my first project! =D

lizzzknits said...

I made some vests for my girls in the 80's with a very similar owl pattern and I used googly eyes!
The hat is cute!

Tekgirl said...

Love the hat and am so pleased to have seen it made up! I am totally going to make one of these for myself now and I think you should too- it's too awesome not to!

Lupie said...

I love this pattern. I just printed out the pattern and will have to put it on the needles soon.