Thursday, January 8, 2009

Charity Knitting

I'm challenging myself to knit/crochet at least 52 hats this year to donate to the homeless in my area. This is my first hat (pattern link). I used leftover Cascade 220 and Patons Classic Wool Merino. It's supposed to be adult-sized, but I had to use a few hooks smaller than called for (G is the largest that I have), so it's child-sized. Quick pattern that crocheted up in no time.

I'm using 2 Ravelry groups for inspiration... Hat of the Month and 52 Hat Challenge.

5 comments:

lunaticraft said...

If all the hats turn out that cute, there are going to be a lot of very happy hat recipients out there! =D

lizzzknits said...

That is such a cute hat and so is the model!

Turtle said...

very cute! (and a nice goal)

sunsetknitter said...

I love it! Very sweet of you!

Anita O said...

I like how your Kirsten turned out. Very cute. I belong to both of those groups too.