Friday, January 30, 2009

My New Toy


Isn't this the cutest computer ever? It's the Acer Aspire One. I have my hand in the pic to show how small this thing is.

My computer had been acting up and I really needed a new one, but couldn't justify buying another one while it was still working (most of the time). This little computer was around 300.00 and all the reviews for it were really good. Still, I couldn't see spending that sort of money when it's tight and the old one worked ok. I always feel guilty when I buy things for myself, thinking that the money could go to better use.

Weellll... Shawn has a night class Thursday nights, so I was waiting for him to call me so that we could go grab a bite to eat. He calls and asks if I like white or dark blue better... I say it depends on what it is, but if he won't say, I like white better. I had no clue what he was talking about. We go to Taco Bell and he pulls out this Acer, in white! It's an early Valentine's Day gift! I can't believe he got this for me, and for V-Day (not really a major gift holiday for us). I swear, that boy is a little crazy, but I love him to pieces.

All wound up. I love the colors! The true color is between the two pictures... it's bright like the top one, but the colors are very saturated like the bottom one. I'm going to try to make a felted case for my new laptop (name Sal, Shawn's initials); I hope the yardage is enough for it.

1. I'd really like a massage and a hot bath to soak in right now.
2. Oh my gosh is the word you'd most often hear me say if I stubbed my toe.
3. Possession is not a good thing in relationships.
4. Orlando Bloom isn't as hot as Captain Jack Sparrow.
5. Marshmallows and fire go together like yarn and needles.
6. I can listen to 90s Alternative music on and on.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going home and seeing all my pets and my mom, tomorrow my plans include a sad trip to the vet and a funeral, and, Sunday, I want to relax before heading back up to school.

3 comments:

lunaticraft said...

That yarn... just... amazing. Yarn Envy x 10.

Anita O said...

Oooh, lucky girl. What a good man to do that for you. He's a keeper, but you already knew that. LOL.

I can't wait to see your case for Sal. It's going to be awesome!

Heather Wardell said...

My heart skipped a beat when I saw your computer... I'm in the market for a new one and that's the same one I want! I was going to call mine George, though ("I will hug him and squeeze him and call him George" from Bugs Bunny).

So nice of your boyfriend to buy it for you!! It's working well, I assume?

Geez, now I REALLY want one. :)