Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year

So, it's 2009. I always do the resolution thing and I always fail to keep them all. Here we go:

-Graduate in May!
-Start my career as a MGT (like an assistant manager) at Walgreens and actually enjoy it.
-Accomplish my goal of 52 books in 52 weeks.
-Get all my gift knitting finished before December 1.
-Fully break Acorn, my green mare.
-Pay off my student loan (only 2750.00) by November 1.
-Have at least 7500.00 in savings by December 31.
-Have our wedding date of May 8, 2010, be a definite (that means knowing for sure when Shawn leaves for flight school).
-Train Johnny Cash through advanced obedience and either agility or retrieval (he is already trained through basic obedience).

Speaking of my Johnny, he had his haircut this past week:




Handsome, huh? He looks like a Poodle now and not some sort of doodle... He was sooo shaggy before this! He's such a good boy.

Knitting news... I am so so so close to finishing my brother's illusion scarf. I'll be glad when it's finally finished. I did manage to finish one of my socks (Burning Rings of Fire in Creatively Dyed Calypso "King") and will cast on for the second one soon. The bias garter stitch scarf and the shortrow spiral rug are on hold for now until I finish the scarf.


Moma and I went to Alpharetta/Roswell this week (to drop of Johhny Cash) and we went to Cast-on Cottage. I love that store. It's my absolute favorite. I got the yarn for Moma's mother's day gift this year; I got Cascade 220 in a pretty dark peachy-orange and complimentary Noro Kureyon to hold together to make a felted bag. Moma got some new acrylic called Marble (can't remember the company right now) to make house socks with. She may end up getting more of it to make a cardi with. A trip to Hobby Lobby got me a skein of Caron Simply Soft in a steely gray and complimentary Patons (?) Shadows to make the Inside-Outside Scarf for Moma for her birthday.


1. The world is pretty amazing.
2. I'll be in there shortly, I hope was the last thing I said.
3. I wonder how this year will turn.
4. It usually works out when you get at the end of all things.
5. There's something to be said for every situation, regardless of how it appears.
6. Here is where I want to be.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to hanging out with Shawn, tomorrow my plans include meeting people to drop off 2 puppies and an outing to Morrow with Shawn and Johnny, and, Sunday, I want to ride horses with Amanda and Shawn and trip up Rowdy's bad hoof!

4 comments:

Turtle said...

a pretty good list for the year! Cute haircut, poor dear would freeze here!

lunaticraft said...

Looks like you've got an exciting year ahead! And most certianly congrats on having that little in student loans! I don't even want to think about how much I owe once my deferrment expires....

Anita O said...

Wow are you ambitious! I thought of doing the 52 books in a year, but I know I wouldn't be able to pull it off, unless the books could be Dr. Seuss, LOL.

I hope you're successful at all your goals!

Jane said...

Thanks for entering my contest - you did well in 2008! Happy New Year!
Jane