Thursday, February 5, 2009

New Stuff

I got some scholarship money in and, after paying all the necessary stuff, put some aside for Stitches South in April. I knew that there were a few patterns that I wanted to buy, so shopped a little yesterday with some of that fiber money.

I just found out that I'm going to be an aunt this fall... my SIL (Shawn's brother's wife) is pregnant with their first and is due in September. Baby knitting! I ordered the Baby Surprise Jacket pattern, which I plan on making in some superwash handspun I get at Stitches.

I also got two Morehouse Merino patterns... that Alligator Scarf and the RatRace Scarf.

And, this:


The Knit Picks Interchangeable Circular set! My circular needle collection was seriously lacking (and I prefer circs to straights) and I went ahead and ordered this set. It was a tough buy since it's a little pricey (though definitely cheaper then purchasing the circs separately), but I had set this money aside for fiber goods and I think that this is the smartest purchase I could make. I'm so excited! I also ordered bamboo dpns in US 3, 5, 6 and 10. I wanted 7 as well, but they were out. Everything was shipped today and should arrive in a week or two. Yipee!

The picture is from Knit Picks.

4 comments:

Jadielady said...

I have the interchangeables as well and LOVE them! I almost never use any other needles except for DPNs.

Amanda said...

Knit Picks Interchangeables - fabulous. Now the stitches will just fly off your needles. I can't do without mine anymore.

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

Hi!

Thanks for signing up for my little contest! Sounds like you're a busy person. Besides all the knitting, eh? The kids and I appreciate you taking the time to help with their project. Good luck!

Anita O said...

Nice. I still can't justify to myself buying the circ set, but I'm a straight needle gal. I use circs for hats, and KP does not sell them that small.
so, yeah, a tiny bit jealous here, but I'm glad you are making smart choices instead of impulse buying.