Monday, February 16, 2009

Smoochy (and a dishcloth)

Picture taken February 2009.

Name: Smoochy Kyle Harper
DOB: June 1, 2008
Sex: Male
Breed: Fancy Rat
Joined our family: June 1, 2008

His Story: Smoochy was born in my rattery to Salty (a pink-eyed white doe) by Squishy this past summer. I bred Squishy so that I would have sons to carry on his line and I kept Smoochy and Crunchy.

I had picked the name Smoochy before he was born. Picking the rat to keep was easy... Smoochy has a smiley face marking on his back! I don't have good pictures of it (he's too active), but it's there.

Smooch is more and more like his father everyday. He is a little more active than Squishy, but has that sweet personality. He is a little daredevil and I call him Evil Knievel because he will make leaps of death to get where he wants (and rats are generally afraid of heights and won't jump at all). He's a snack hound and loves treats. He gets all excited when he hears what he thinks is a food wrapper (anything that crinkles).

Smoochy will be bred to a quality female this fall/winter to carry on the line. His son will be named Kissy.


Picture taken February 2009.
Picture taken Summer 2008. Smoochy was about 6 weeks old in this picture.


Here's a dishcloth I made yesterday for the RAK in Portugal:

1 comment:

Anita O said...

He's cute! For a rat, LOL.
Love the cloth.