Saturday, February 7, 2009

Spinning



I sat down tonight and began spinning some of my bamboo stash. I have 8 ounces in this colorway, Prairie Dusk, and this is the first 4 ounces spun up. I'll be spinning the remaining 4 ounces onto another bobbin (tomorrow, hopefully) and it will be a 2-ply, roughly worsted weight. Depending on the yardage, I think this is going to become a bias dropped stitch scarf (Clapotis in scarf size) done in garter stitch. The ones on Ravelry look great. Not entirely sure, though, if it's what it will become.

Plans for today are to go to knitting group (get there early to eat lunch first) and then come back here to spin some and try to finish at least one of my books (by the way, The Shack by William Paul Young is recommended to anyone and everyone... I'm not really one for religious books, but this one is really lifechanging).

I'm having an allergic reaction to something... I'm breaking out a little and the only thing that I can think of is Indie, my hamster! I'm going to let Shawn take over her care this week to see if it helps. If I am allergic to her, I'm going to keep her anyway and talk to my doctor about possible ways to deal with it. Hoping that it's not!

1 comment:

Anita O said...

Sometimes I think I'm allergic to my kids, LOL. Too bad there isn't any medicine for that. I'm pretty funny today, LOL.

That bamboo looks awesome. Can't wait to see what it will become.

Have fun at knitting group. I always do. It's a hoot to be around other like minded fiber enthusiasts.