Friday, February 13, 2009

TGIF

I am so glad that it's Friday. It seems that Monday to Wednesday lasted forever.

Yesterday, Shawn and I decided to go out and get his computer. He couldn't wait to Sunday and I am bad about giving gifts early (I get so excited about them). A trip to Alpharetta (stopping by Cast-on Cottage first for a look around and the yarn for my cousins' bags) and we got his new baby (also named Sal; I think he should've named it after ME!) and the sales guy at the Apple store was hilarious. It was as if he were delivering a baby, he was so excited and told us about the "new Apple smell" and that Shawn will never forget the first time he turns it on. Too funny how some people are about computers and such. Me, I'm a PC girl myself.

I got in my Knit Picks order today! They were really quick this time.

This is the book and Hippy the Hippo (notions pouch). I love both. The book is amazing and will be a great resource (wearable patterns and all the right info for modding patterns and making the perfect fit). I also got in the needles and cables, but those aren't nearly as exciting, so aren't getting a pic on the blog.

This is the beginnings of the bag for Sabrina:

It's really a lovely shade of pink in real life. The perfect pink, I think. I used to get better pics in natural light, but lately it seems to just darken/wash out all the colors.

1. It seems like sometimes I'm the only one with any sense in my Juvenile Justice class (I'll spare the details, but we'll just say that the other students can be infuriating at times!).
2. Shawn, could you take your stuff to your dorm and not leave them here when you're done, please?
3. If I thought you needed help, I'd help you!
4. Gideon, a little old English man is what I think of most when I think of you. (Gideon is my Daschund/Chihuahua with a stiff upper lip).
5. To me, Valentine's Day means a day for letting those that you love know you feel that way about them.
6. God and family give me strength.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to spinning the rest of the bamboo and plying it, tomorrow my plans include my first spinning guild meeting, and, Sunday, I want to have a wonderful Valentine's Day date with Shawn!

2 comments:

lunaticraft said...

Oh man, I hear you on the TGIF thing. It's just been one of those weeks.

I look forward to seeing the rest of the bamboo all spun up.

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Don't you just love Knitpicks. I wish they would sell spinning fiber and spinning gadgets also.