Tuesday, February 10, 2009

They're Here!

My Knit Picks order arrived today! It was like Christmas all over again since I got the KP order, a RAK crochet magazine, the BSJ pattern I ordered last week, and I got some unexpected scholarship money!

I love love love my Knit Picks Options set! It's amazing. Gorgeous (as usual with Harmony needles) and I'm happy enough just looking at them. I can't wait to start using them.

I will be casting on for my Fetching mitts soon since I now have the right sized dpns for them. It's getting warmer now, but I'm sure there will be another cold day sometime and, if not, I'll just wear them this fall!

I placed another KP order today (Ok, I'm spoiling myself, but it's the last fibery purchase until Stitches South in April). I ordered the US 15 Harmony tips for the circular set (for bulky yarn felting projects), some dpns I was lacking (2, 7, 9), the Custom Knits book by Wendy Bernard (books are 40% off until Friday), the cutest hippo zippered notions pouch thing (this was a real splurge since I don't really need it, just wanted it), and 3 cables for the circ set I don't have (40", 47", 60").

This weekend is love day weekend! Shawn and I don't usually do much for Valentine's Day, and this year isn't too different. We're celebrating Sunday since he has a closed weekend with the school Friday/Saturday (it's the Sweetheart Review and Command Inspection). We plan on making it date day and will be going out to the Alpharetta area for lunch at The Flying Biscuit (where I ate Sunday with the knitting group), the mall and Barnes & Noble, then a nice dinner somewhere (Japanese?). He already gave me my gift, Sal the computer, but he's doing the card thing also. I made his card yesterday and I'm buying his gift Sunday (I'm getting him the Macbook computer he's been drooling over (trust me, if it weren't for this unexpected money, he'd be getting my love and affection and that's it)).

1 comment:

Anita O said...

Don't you just love getting yarn and notions in the mail? I love it!
Sounds like you will be busy for a bit, enjoy!