Saturday, March 28, 2009

Almost Finished & Gift Knitting


This is the almost-finished A Little Bird Told Me... bag for my cousin, Sabrina. I just need to run it through the wash to felt it. I'm a bit concerned about the size of the flap... looks a little small to me. I followed the pattern exactly; it has a drawstring closure, so maybe that's why the flap is so tiny for the size of the bag? I think I'll stitch a flower on the flap once it's finished.

Here's my newest WIP:

It's the Knotty Pillow from the January/February 2009 issue of Crochet Today magazine. It's for Arthur (my brother) for Christmas. He'll love it... just his style. I'm using Caron Simply Soft in the Twig and Wheat colorways (it's the Eco yarn, which I really don't like (white tufts of fiber throughout, squeakier/more plasticky feeling, etc), but it's all the Walmart carries... they seem to have done away with the regular Simply Soft).

2 comments:

Anita O said...

I love the pink bag AND the cool looking pillow. Hmm, now to get my hands on a copy of the magazine...

lunaticraft said...

Yo, I totally bought that issue when it came out, just for that pillow pattern. Yours looks fantastic!