Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Another WIP

I was going to limit the number of WIPs going at once this year, but it's just not happening. Here's something I started today...

It's Topaz, a darling baby dress. It will be going to little Isabella Celine, who should be joining us in person around May 3. She's the first child of my old best friend from school and her hubby. (By the way, it's crazy that I have friends that are married and have kids... I remember having our 4th grade crushes and thinking that we would die if we didn't marry them... I'm glad that people eventually find their heads!)

I'm using Caron Simply Soft Eco (lilac bud) and the original in Country Blue. It's just a good go-to yarn for stuff that needs to be soft and washable. This is the 3-month size.

Let's see... other WIPs...

The secret socks (almost finished with the first one and then you can see it), the second BFF sock (almost there!), the Scrappy rug (hibernating right now), Sabrina's birdie bag needs felting and assembly, Back To School RAK dishcloths (3 left before they can go to Portugal), and the marriage afghan.

The socks should be finished by next weekend. Scrappy and the afghan have until Shawn and I get married, so plenty of time for them later. The cloths need to be sent before September and it only takes a day to do them, so I hope to get them out by mid-May. The bag for my cousin can't go to her until I have her brother and sister's finished, so maybe I can squeeze 2 bags out before seeing them at my graduation May 1... ambitious, but unlikely.

And, I want to cast on for one more thing for baby Isabella to have finished in May and will probably try to fit in another pair of socks as soon as I finish BFF...

4 comments:

Turtle said...

your very busy!!

Sandie Knapp said...

I remember seeing that adorable baby dress on Knitty recently and thinking to myself it might be fun to try it. I'm not very talented when it comes to color knitting. Yours is looking great so far.

I loved your knotty pillow. Very unusual but adorable. I've never seen anything like it before. Good job. :)

lunaticraft said...

That looks like it's going to be adorable!

It is so weird when your friends start getting married and having kids, isn't it? Every time I get a wedding announcement I just kind of stop and think, "are we really that old already? It seems like just yesterday we were doing chem labs and studying for freshman english together!"

Anita O said...

I've been restraining myself from casting on too much...I have 4 things going right now, which is about 2 more than normal!
The dress is going to be cute. Can't wait to see the socks. Wow, are you ever busy!! How do you do all that knitting and study? Must be a genius!