Saturday, April 18, 2009

Bear on the Square

Bear on the Square was fun. I'm really glad I was able to go. I got to see my fiber friends that I haven't seen in a long while.

I got a good amount of spinning finished. These two are small amounts of fiber I had carded a while back. They'll just sit until I find something I can do with such little yardage. The white is llama/merino blend (worsted, 41 yards) and the blue is alpaca/bamboo blend (dk, 63 yards).


Here is the progress on the Romney x fiber. I'm thinking of doing a Navajo ply and making the Tree Jacket with it (Ravelry link). I'm loving how this is spinning up.

I did shop the tiniest bit. I bought my mom a handmade pottery piece for Mother's Day. It is shaped like a leaf (a real leaf was used for the impression) and is supposed to be a soap dish, but she'll probably use it as a spoon rest in the kitchen or a candle dish thing. It was only 7.00, which is a steal for pottery like that! Of course, I told her what it was since I can't keep a secret for anything when it comes to gifts.

I also bought 1 ounce of angora fiber. It's been too long since I've last spun it and I miss my rabbits. I'm thinking of carding it with something else to make it go farther and to keep it from being to warm and fluffy.


And, finally, this is the start of the new marriage afghan. I like this a whole lot more. The blocks are about a square foot in size, which will be much nicer when it comes time to put it together. The pattern is a free one from Red Heart, the Passionate About Purple Throw (Ravelry link).

2 comments:

sunsetknitter said...

Your handspun in beautiful!

lunaticraft said...

Looks like it was fun! What I wouldn't give to have a community event where I could go and teach people to knit or crochet without being looked at like a crazy person... (My area is not the craftiest area ever, nor is it really one for a lot of community events that are not compleately for small children).