Monday, April 6, 2009

FO and the Marriage Afghan

It's finished! The front piece was finished in one day and the back piece should have taken no time at all, but I kind of neglected it a bit.

I changed the back from the original one big piece as in the pattern to two smaller pieces that create a slit. I wanted the cover to be removable for washing. I'm going to add a few buttons to keep the back pieces together a bit more. I emailed pics to Arthur (brother) and he loves it.



I've started my afghan. It's going to take a while since the squares are only about 4x4 each. And all those ends to weave in. But, I like the resulting blocks. They are in my four favorite colors. Redheart Super Saver yarn for its price and durability/washability. Also, I couldn't find a good olive green in Simply Soft.

I'm not sure what order they are going to go in. I'm thinking of checkerboarding it, but also fading the colors into each other. Shawn came up with the idea and it will be better than I'm explaining it.

I want to be able to use this immediately after Shawn and I get married (May 8, 2010), maybe even on our honeymoon to the mountains. That's why I started it now... want to make sure I have enough time!

2 comments:

Anita O said...

Very nice. I love that pillow.

Your afghan is going to be very colorful. Can't wait to see it all done!

lunaticraft said...

That pillow turned out wonderfully. And good thinking with the slit in the back.

That afghan is going to be very nice. Can't wait to see more of it!